2012 - Establishment of a new trading company in China, to penetrate the Asian market 2010 - 2012 - Focus in streamlining operations and building the organisational structure that will
support the Group's growth within the international economic crisis.
Thrace companies expand their selling network to 80 countries to secure financial health.
2009 - Investment in a new Needle-Punched Nonwoven line in North America (Thrace Linq) 2007 - Thrace Plastics expands its operations in North America by acquiring Thrace Linq Inc. and
50% of Lumite Inc.
2000 - 2006 - The Company expands its international presence in SE Europe with the acquisition of
Thrace Ipoma (Bulgaria) and the establishment of Thrace Greiner (50% JV in Romania) and Thrace Plastics Pack
Doo (Serbia). Operations in Xanthi facilities embrace new Spunbond and Needle-Punched Nonwovens lines.
2000 - The Company penetrates the FIBC market by acquiring Thrace Polybulk (Norway) 1999 - With the acquisition of Don & Low Ltd (Scotland), Thrace Plastics establishes its
presence and enters the Nonwovens industry.
1997 - The Company penetrates the Rigid Packaging market by erecting a new plant in Ioannina. 1995 - Thrace Plastics gets listed in the Athens Stock Exchange.
1992 - A third plant is constructed in Xanthi, specialising in the production of Industrial and Carpet
1986 - The Company enters the PP Technical Fabrics market with the construction of a new facility
in Xanthi. 1980 - Thrace Plastics opens its first factory, producing PP Woven Bags, Ropes & Twines for the
Greek and exports markets.
1977 - Stavros Halioris establishes Thrace Plastics Co S.A. in Xanthi, Greece
Το be the most valuable partner for our customers and suppliers and to consistently increase shareholders’ value
while ensuring a prosperous future for all individuals working in THRACE GROUP.
- Adhering closely to our Group core values: responsibility, integrity, responsiveness, flexibility, personal customer
care, co-operation, leadership.
- Investing in our people, by encouraging lifelong learning, individuality, personal initiatives and self-achievement.
- Creating new business standards through innovation and smart thinking, aiding our customers’ leadership in their
- Providing not just products but complete & innovative solutions, tailor-made upon our customers’ specific
requirements and needs.
- Acting local – being global, serving thousands of companies worldwide through strategic geographic dispersion.
- Pursuing profitability through organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
- Achieving competitive prices through economies of scale, vertical integration and internal synergies.
- Combining diverse high-end technologies with a long know-how and an extensive experience in the markets we
- Respecting our global environment and the societies where we work and live.
- Adapting to the ever-changing market environment and promptly adjusting our practices to successfully meet the
global trends that will shape the future of business, economy and society.
With a high level of vertical integration, Thrace Group combines cutting edge technologies from processing to finishing to
provide innovative materials that respond to any type of customisation needs in specifications, product variety and
Cara Dušana - Nova Pazova - 022 321555; 022 323628;